Madame Madeline is your online Shoppe for discount Ardell False Eyelashes and Andrea Lashes. Greasy Sunscreen vs Foundation: My Solution! - Holy Grail Beautyy . . .

Greasy Sunscreen vs Foundation: My Solution!

4:27 PM


Storytime

Since venturing into wearing more "face" makeup rather than just my "eyes and lips" only, I quickly ran into a face product dilemma.  Greasy sunscreen and foundation don't get along.  Using both during the day always made my face a greasy mess which is cerrtainly a less than desirable effect.  I always wear sunscreen for various reasons. A) Cancer, b) accelerated ageing, c) subsequent burning.  Yes I could wear a foundation with sunscreen included but at the moment I can't afford to buy too expensive foundations so I googled matte look sunscreen products.  The products that fit the bill were not the best fit for me for a variety of reasons for example I either can't access them easily or they are super expensive.  At the moment, I am unemployed and really can't afford to buy expensive foundation in the off chance it is a bad fit.  Australia is not as lenient with returns as it seems so in other countries.  I again went online to the Beautypedia app and while randomly reading different product reviews by less expensive brands, I happened upon Revlon Photoready Bb Cream Skin Perfector
Revlon Photoready BB Cream Skin Perfector 010 Light Pale

It had a great review and it contains a SPF30, easy to find and inexpensive. WIN! 

Beauty Guru

When I tried this product the first time it really impressed me because it is EXACTLY what I wanted and needed.  It comes in three shades which is the only downside to the product range.  I purchased the 010 Light Pale shade.  You can see a preview of the shade on the actual product as there is a clear rectangle on the front of the tube which can assist in shade selection.  It blends well with my skin and its is light and fragrance free too.  It does not dry to a complete matte finish just a slightly dewy look.  I continue on to then use the Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder in 010 Fair/Clair.  I get the perfect base for me after I use that powder.  The BB Cream and the powder are both Holy Grail products for myself.
Left hand side of face without Revlon Photoready BB Cream Skin Perfector

Being a BB Cream please do not expect complete coverage of any blemishes or scarring - it will cover of course but not to a full coverage foundation extent.  It does cover some of my smaller and lighter freckles and definitely evens out my complexion shade and hides the redness in some areas like my chin and one part of my forehead and the top of my nose.  It does not dry my skin out or cause me any issues whatsoever.  It does not highlight pores or lines which is always great in my book!
Revlon Photoready BB Cream Skin Perfector  Light Pale on the right hand side of my face

To recap the benefits
  • Perfect BB Cream with sunscreen
  • Fragrance Free
  • Moisturising
  • Blends well into skin quickly
  • Inexpensive
  • SPF 30 that is in sufficient amounts
  • Light dewy finish very natural
  • Flattering - does not highlight pores or lines 
  • Squeeze tube
As I mentioned earlier, the only negative to this product line is the lack of darker shades for customers.

I definitely recommend this product by Revlon, it is my daytime go to product since I found it earlier this year.

Below there is a link that prompted me to write this blog post.  The products referenced in the article are the same ones I saw when I did a Google search on 'matte suncreams face'.  When I get a new job I will probably eventually try some of these products out, but for now I am very happy with Revlon.

Thankyou for reading
Not sponsored
Photos by me
For More Revlon 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe To